[Owasp-leaders] What Can I Spend My Chapter Funds On?

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu Jun 4 08:24:59 UTC 2015

I should also highlight that Chapters can adopt an OWASP project,
contribute to it, and even help fund a project with their funds. The
primary method for a chapter to help support a project is to adopt one or
more projects that interest the members, and ask new and renewing members
to allocate their portion of their membership fee to the chapter's
preferred project(s) if the member doesn't have a preference one way or
another.

It is really good for chapters to adopt and work on projects to foster your
local community, especially when folks from different walks of life and
competing firms collaborate together, allowing the chapter to become known
as a center of excellence for a particular project, and help research and
develop OWASP materials.

Many projects are languishing with limited contributors, so even having
four or five new regular volunteers can really move the needle even if no
funds are allocated to that project.

If you have any queries about chapters volunteering to help out projects, I
would welcome them.

thanks,
Andrew