[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Guidelines Questions

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Jan 30 06:28:36 UTC 2015

Seba,

Vendor neutrality means we give no special treatment to any one vendor.
Also, OWASP is vendor agnostic in that is does not endorse any commercial
product or service.

Section 1.0.3 in the OWASP bylaws:

INTEGRITY: OWASP is an honest and truthful, •••vendor agnostic•••, global
community
  Other phrases in OWASPs mission statements:

"free from commercial pressures"

"OWASP is not affiliated with any technology company"

"All of our materials are under a free and open license"

Chapter rules dictate "no vendor pitches" at chapter meetings.

Our conference speaker agreements ban commercial/vendor talks.

Thank you for following the spirit of our charity by focusing on free and
open application security material!

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jan 29, 2015, at 9:49 PM, Seba <seba at owasp.org> wrote:

hi,

not sure where this is leading to, but being vendor neutral does not mean
there are no vendors.
we cannot just ignore them, and - on a positive note - push them to be part
of the solution

regards

Seba