[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Guidelines Questions

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Thu Jan 29 21:47:57 UTC 2015

Hi Bev,

Thanks for bringing this up. Guidelines review is something I am working on
right now.

Just to clarify to those on the list, I spoke to Bev just now and she is
asking specifically about presentation at events, not the projects
themselves or in the intended audience/users of OWASP tools.

OWASP should be entirely vendor neutral and I believe the guidelines
reflect that, though I am only beginning my review and see places where
clarification would be helpful. We have presentation templates that can be
used for events in the Branding Resources section of the wiki. If there is
a concern that a presentation may not comply you can ask presenters to use
an OWASP template or you can always review presentations before the date of
the event.

I certainly would like opinions, tips and tricks from everyone on issues
like this. How do you ensure vendor neutrality in projects and meetings?

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation