[Owasp-leaders] Conducting a conference

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Tue Jan 13 15:49:17 UTC 2015

Hi Prakhar,

You might find a lot of information you need to develop your conference in
Chapter 7 of the Leader Handbook:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_7:_Organizing_Chapter_Meetings

It contains information on promotion, engaging speakers and running the
meeting itself.

There is an entire section on How to Host a Conference with details on
planning, budgeting, roles/responsibilities, content, promotion, social
media, on-site logistics, etc.:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_to_Host_a_Conference

The OWASP Speakers Project was set up specifically to help chapters find
speakers and presentations to bring to their events:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Speakers_Project

The OWASP On the Move Program also has information about how to request
additional funding:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_on_the_Move

Let me know if you have any questions about these materials

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation