[Owasp-leaders] Shall we fix projects together?

Liam Smit liam.smit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:22:52 UTC 2015

Hi Timo

As we discussed at the B-Sides Cape Town conference, a simple minimum
requirement for different types of projects may help a lot.

E.g. a documentation project needs to have at least some documentation
(RFC, outline, draft, etc) before it can be considered a project.
Similarly a software project would need some code (prototype, proof of
concept, etc) to qualify as a project.

If it's only an idea or a concept then it's pre-project. The way to
turn that into a project is to then write some code or documentation.

If there has been no update to a project for a year then that is stale
assuming that there is something workable / usable that exists because
if nothing exists after a year then it's unlikely to ever exist. It
should be possible to automate the generation of a report of such
stale projects which could then be reviewed and then either be
resuscitated, removed / archived or put in limbo status (pending
further review).

Regards,