[Owasp-leaders] Community Reminder

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Wed Dec 9 20:14:46 UTC 2015


Tonight at 6pm EST is the 2015 Final Board Meeting of the Year.  You are
welcomed and encouraged to join via webinar:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/86132883
<https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/861328838>to be part of the many
solutions that are only made possible with your participation

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Meetings

Tonights agenda:

Read Ahead Material

*It is a requirement as a board member to fully read all material prior to
the start of the meeting*

PLR -- DRAFT 2016 Strategic Goals Doc, updated Dec. 4 with proposed budget
attached to each goal
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LHK6wXJQVrc_NP_gbYy2wpiuNze32XkoIhFVL7V39i0/edit?usp=sharing>

PLR -- DRAFT 2016 Budget, updated as of Dec. 3
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjNZI6rYJRKUnZHOHIxMlA4MU0/view?usp=sharing>
Updates
include recommendations from Nov. 18 BoD meeting and link to 2016 Goals

AJV - Simon Bennett's project proposal
<http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2015-December/016755.html>

AJV - Please read Johanna's non-public e-mail that Board members received
on Dec 1, titled "Interacting with volunteers"

AJV - please re-read at least one of your induction books sent to you at
the start of your term as an OWASP Board member

   - in particular, please review the roles and responsibilities and duties
   of the Board
   - please read the bit about finance, audit, and risk committees
   - Proposal to add an audit committee when new Board roles are elected
   https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1YxMu_IrjqfdH3hwDYQCcPJKAyxFImFmIh4WWcovJRsg/edit?usp=sharing

PLR -- Please See 'Reports Section' below for monthly status reports from
Operations Team
Meeting AgendaCall to Order /OWASP Mission

   - (5 minutes) - Administrative (List of attendees and Agenda bashing
   (only if last-minute changes to the agenda are needed)
      - Consent vote to:
         - Approve minutes from November 18, November 4 and October 14,
         2015.
         - Approve brand usage action item: the specific proposal
         <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z9oG8w6Wmx60Y1ficncF0XMZbT194esG5B4Pt_GLW7Q/edit>
         - Acknowledge and confirm the selection of 4 new Board members for
         OWASP-EU VZW: Tobias Gondrum, Adrian Winckles, Gary Robinson, Maarten
         Mestdagh

Actionable Agenda Topics

   - (5-10 minutes) - BenchMark Project - Follow up from November Planning
   call.
      - See proposal
      <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_EPVdfM5dNeEch4QW5Yx2YyuSkdnKZR4UkAQ3nTgzjg/edit>
to
      update the project rules.
      - See proposal
      <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SDQs0b6R8FCD8ThITB4UUv868D9j6q3wGqRmIZfUP0A/edit>
to
      demote the benchmark project.
   - (5 minutes) - Josh Sokol- Proposal to Eliminate "At Large" Board
   Positions. Is this now 'tabled', or to be opened again in January?
      - See this thread
      <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2015-September/016172.html>
for
      the original proposal.
   - (15 minutes) Nominate / select 2016 Board positions (motioned by TomB
   on e-mail, seconded by ajv)
   - (5 minutes) - Jim M - Proposal to hire wiki editor. Needed clarity on
   phase 1 deliverables & proposed cost.
   - (5 minutes) - AJV - Proposal to establish audit committee, and
   consider finance and risk committees. See reading material

Discussion Topics

   - (20 minutes) - 2016 Strategic Goals & Budget
   - (15 minutes) - Discussion of Board duties, roles and responsibilities,
   and improving the effectiveness of future Board meetings ajv
   - (15 minutes) - Discussion on Simon Bennett's proposal on how the Board
   and Foundation communicate and interact with volunteers and projects ajv
   - (10 minutes) - Review final draft budget, Goals statement and metrics.

Misc. Topics (10-15 Minutes)

   - (5 min) Wiki Contractor Update & Status - Jim M., All
   - (5 min) Review Automation of Project Review & Next Steps - Claudia &
   Kate
   - (5 min) 2017 AppSec Planning - Call for Host City like past years? One
   strong contender already.
   - (5 min) Consider paying professionals for the project review task
   force instead of volunteers here (added to strategic goal doc)

Reports

   - Executive Director/Operations Update - [ P.Ritchie]
      - Monthly Exec. Director Status report - pending
      - Updated 2016 Budget Forecast-Summary Format-DRAFT as of Dec. 3
      <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjNZI6rYJRKUnZHOHIxMlA4MU0/view?usp=sharing>
      - Detail Financial report including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
      Forecast, Jan-Oct. 2015
      <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxjNZI6rYJRKeHZ4eElpazNGa3c/view?usp=sharing>


   - Events Manager - Laura Grau
      - Event Manager Status Report, Dec. 2015
      <https://www.owasp.org/images/5/5d/December_2015_Conference_Manager_Report_-_Google_Docs.pdf>
      - Summary Report AppSecUSA-San Francisco 2015
      <https://www.owasp.org/images/e/e8/AppSecUSA2015-Report.pdf>
   - Community Manager Update - Noreen Whysel
      - Strategic Goals 2015 EOY Metrics
      <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/presentation/d/18uV4G4oXVI-YF8Qeg_YxuneYxe2UowNh6DMCMei5MT8/edit?usp=sharing>
      - Community Manager Update
      <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1-4fIJfiLa8l02Hf1XBMqRYEiY2z6g4qwln-_ZLQ6GIs/edit?usp=sharing>
      - Social Media Analysis
      <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheets/d/1F2KfikHVtc7nGAdGfso1HCSgpcmjy_IuOAcm3KtjHkk/edit?usp=sharing>
   - Director Update - Kate Hartmann Update
   <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/176x_ze5p8zRlcmit-x9NWl0J1_uaWDI1j1av7A7acAI/edit?usp=sharing>
   - Project Coordinator Claudia Aviles Casanovas Update
   <https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/presentation/d/1fKAG8FFkST3n941acXf8UdZgLVOAmO9ARiPIgLaTVac/edit?usp=sharing>
   - Membership Update - November Membership Report
   <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/November_2015_Membership_Report>
   - IT Update:

Community Initiative ReportsOld Business

All active board proposals are listed here
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing>

   - (5 minutes) - Josh Sokol- Proposal to Eliminate "At Large" Board
   Positions. Is this now 'tabled', or to be opened again in January?
      - See this thread
      <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2015-September/016172.html>
for
      the original proposal.
   - Bylaw updates (Andrew)
   - Website Initiative (Matt, Josh, Tom, Paul)
   - WIKI Updates

New Business

All active board proposals are listed here
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxSfMVkfLvslVXdvUFV3NkxucWc&usp=sharing>


Tabled Business

   - MK proposal
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dOzGvMbF_4vRWN1AoYPNfj8UCC-qR1hZUm2f79a0Ohc/edit>
around
   Inclusion Initiative.
   - MK proposal
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KWTChGVzcw2lZopod5xLWWS4Ux9_5wIAPYMU3DBMPRE/edit>
around
   Developer Outreach.

Action Items

   -

AnnouncementsAdjournment

   - Next meeting date/time:

Motion to close meeting



*Past position on motions - who voted for what*

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Votes

-- 
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be 
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from 
disclosure. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended 
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, 
copying or use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. 
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender 
immediately by replying to the message, permanently delete it from your 
computer and destroy any printout.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/attachments/20151209/927fff33/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the OWASP-Leaders mailing list