[Owasp-leaders] Governance - OWASP 15.0 (years)

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Dec 3 22:00:15 UTC 2015

Thx for the invite (I will try to participate it's at 11pm in London)

And btw, I still remember when I made that call to invite you (and Seba) to
join the Board.

I was at the gardens of EBay's office during the
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_%26_WASC_AppSec_2007_Conference  :)

A quick search on our wiki showed the the presentation
http://www.owasp.org/images/e/e9/OWASP-WASCAppSec2007SanJose_OWASPStateoftheU.ppt
we
delivered at that time :)

... here is the slide where we announced Tom and Seba as part of the OWASP
Board:

... ​I think that this (below) was one of the first appearances of the
concepts: *'making security visible' and '...develop, maintain and acquire
software they can trust'*

​

... simpler times :)

... I love the fact that we still don't have any 'closed doors' at OWASP,
and that OWASP individuals/corporate members have access to the same
materials as everybody else

I used to joke how that was a great 'sales pitch':* "Hey would you like to
pay for something you already get for free!!!" *(the idea is that members
pay to support OWASP and NOT to get access to 'stuff')

But, wow, that was 8 years ago!!!!

How time flies

Dinis