[Owasp-leaders] Should OWASP projects (and in particular ZAP) aim to leave the OWASP nest?

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Wed Dec 2 17:16:14 UTC 2015

Good thoughts Tim & Andrew.
We have discussed funding many many times and we never move beyond that.

I believe funding or grants is the way to go, not only via some "summer of code" but ongoing.

I'm unsure what zap might gain by leaving OWASP but it may not have the opportunity via conferences and events that it currently has, if it departs? I don't know.

The Mozilla model is great, non-profit funding things like zap. Should we not evolve and do something similar?  Does the foundation have the funds?

Eoin Keary
OWASP Volunteer
@eoinkeary