[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Should OWASP projects (and in particular ZAP) aim to leave the OWASP nest?

Mike Goodwin mike.goodwin at owasp.org
Wed Dec 2 14:23:26 UTC 2015

I was thinking indirect rather than direct. Using my own experience as an
example: My employer (very kindly) sponsors our local chapter. When I was
making the case for this with the budget holders they asked why it was that
OWASP took a cut of the donation to use globally. Part of the argument I
made to justify that to them was that we use OWASP tools, and therefore it
was the right thing to do to help support their development and
maintenance. They got that straightaway once I explained it, and were happy
to sponsor us. Maybe they would have still sponsored us without that
justification, but it would certainly have been more difficult to convince
them.

Mike

--
*Mike Goodwin*