[Owasp-leaders] Should OWASP projects (and in particular ZAP) aim to leave the OWASP nest?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Dec 2 13:47:57 UTC 2015

Simon,

It might help if you could elaborate on what OWASP can do to help you get
to the next level (whatever that is).  OWASP has a lot of people, money,
etc that are at our Leaders' disposal.  If this decision would be made on
resources, or lack thereof, then I think we can help justify sticking
around.  If there's something bigger (like how to make ZAP a freemium model
perhaps), then I would like to see us having those conversations as well.
In short, I believe that ZAP (or any project for that matter) is good for
OWASP and want to see OWASP reciprocate in ways that are beneficial to ZAP.

~josh