[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Should OWASP projects (and in particular ZAP) aim to leave the OWASP nest?

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:51:55 UTC 2015

All good points Mike.

To answer just one of your questions:

> *Point 2: *I am guessing that a significant part of our sponsorship is
> linked in some way to the projects. [Maybe someone who knows for sure could
> confirm or refute this]. So removing them will impact our revenues.

I'm not aware of any significant funding that comes to OWASP through
projects, other than donations to those specific projects which is then
ring-fenced for them.
So I dont _think_ OWASP would be directly impacted by projects leaving
OWASP, although it might be indirectly affected - thats much harder to
judge.

Anyone please correct me if they think I'm wrong ;)

Cheers,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader