[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Working toward a resolution on the Constrast Security / OWASP Benchmark fiasco

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Wed Dec 2 04:31:21 UTC 2015

I think one of the key ingredients is not class of leadership/contributors
(e.g. member, non-member, vendor, non-vendor, sponsor, non-sponsor, staff,
non-staff) but increasing the diversity of personnel in projects,
particularly flagship projects.

We have a requirement that there are two chapter leaders for active
chapters. One of the things we have discussed is increasing the diversity
of the leadership team of projects, but also the diversity of contributors.
We can't force anyone to give time to something they may not like to do,
but obviously, in cases like this, I would hope that people aren't just
complaining about a particular project, but want to work to resolve the
issue.

Personally, I believe if we can increase the number of folks contributing
to such projects will take out much of the independence concerns we are
experiencing here.

thanks
Andrew