[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Benchmark project - potential conflict of interest

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Tue Dec 1 23:10:27 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, 2 December 2015, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org>
wrote:

> > We have a project which evaluates different
> > vendors, which is led by one of the vendors,
> > which is clearly conflict of interest.
>
> To be clear, Aspect leads the project and is not a tool vendor. Contrast
> is a different company.

Seriously? I mean have you checked Dave's and your LinkedIn profiles
recently? Come on now... You can't be seriously saying that!

> And just about everyone at OWASP has a conflict of interest.

I don't. And I'm pretty damn sure Nikola has not. Owasp is a global
organization, remember?

> > That may discourage some of the vendors
> > who did not performed well on the benchmark
> > to run away from funding OWASP.
> Are you suggesting that the mission takes a back seat to financial
> sponsorship?

Mission says "be vendor neutral". I'd like to see all vendors sponsor
the benchmark project. In that case I would gladly support it.