[Owasp-leaders] Google Cloud Security Scanner

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Aug 13 17:44:18 UTC 2015


This is a free, proprietary cloud scanner for apps hosted via the •Google App Engine• only.... fairly limited.

Good to see them citing good sources. :)

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
Global Board Member
OWASP Foundation
https://www.owasp.org
Join me at AppSecUSA 2015!

> On Aug 13, 2015, at 4:24 AM, Noreen Whysel <noreen.whysel at owasp.org> wrote:
> 
> From https://cloud.google.com/security-scanner:
> 
> 
>> 
> Noreen Whysel
> Community Manager
> OWASP Foundation
> 
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Azzeddine Ramrami <azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org> wrote:
>> No they don't refer to OWASP TOP 10.
>> More information in this article:
>> 
>> http://www.computerworld.com/article/2886386/google-cloud-offers-security-scanning-for-customer-apps.html
>> 
>> For me it is a beta version, not really accurate. The best way is to use known scanning techniques for Cloud Services.
>> Azzeddine
>> 
>> 
>>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Azzeddine Ramrami <azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org> wrote:
>>> No they don't refer to OWASP TOP 10.
>>> More information in this article:
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Noreen Whysel <noreen.whysel at owasp.org> wrote:
>>>> Wow. They refer to the OWASP Top Ten to learn more about security. I supposed they must have based their scan on the Top Ten?
>>>> 
>>>> Noreen Whysel
>>>> Community Manager
>>>> OWASP Foundation
>>>> 
>>>>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Fabio Cerullo <fcerullo at owasp.org> wrote:
>>>>> Just came across this:
>>>>> 
>>>>> https://cloud.google.com/security-scanner
>>>>> 
>>>>> Has anyone used it?
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Fabio Cerullo
>>>>> Global Board Member
>>>>> OWASP Foundation
>>>>> https://www.owasp.org
>>>>> Join me at AppSecUSA 2015 in San Francisco!
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
>>>>> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
>>>>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
>>>> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
>>>> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> Azzeddine RAMRAMI
>>> +33 6 65 48 90 04.
>>> Enterprise Security Architect
>>> OWASP Leader (Morocco Chapter)
>>> Mozilla Security Projects Mentor
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Azzeddine RAMRAMI
>> +33 6 65 48 90 04.
>> Enterprise Security Architect
>> OWASP Leader (Morocco Chapter)
>> Mozilla Security Projects Mentor
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/attachments/20150813/3fc4bf8f/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: google-cloud-security.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 39652 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/attachments/20150813/3fc4bf8f/attachment-0001.jpg>


More information about the OWASP-Leaders mailing list