[Owasp-leaders] Pentesting Google Cloud

John Rogers john.rogers at owasp.org
Thu Aug 13 14:51:04 UTC 2015

Fabio,

Thanks for providing the links, they are much appreciated.

I read the Amazon information and then sent email asking for
clarification.  The Penetration Testing information seemed to focus on
testing that is originating from an AWS instance and not on testing that
targets an AWS instance.  I also asked if it made any difference if a VPN
connection was used or if the test requests originated from a public
network connection.

The AWS folks responded very quickly:

"*All testing that involves the AWS infrastructure in any way must have
prior approval from AWS prior to testing commencing, whether it be to or
from AWS.  Public or private testing isn't differentiated, all testing
requires prior approval from AWS.*"

Seems pretty clear now, get approval first.

Thanks again Fabio.

jr