[Owasp-leaders] Chapter Leader Workshops at AppSecUSA

Azzeddine Ramrami azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org
Thu Aug 13 09:00:12 UTC 2015

Just to complete I paid 2000 $ USD from my own resources to have an OWASP
Chapter Morocco boot @DEVOXX Maroc 2015. I wrote different email to OWASP
Global Chapter for a sponsorship and I didn't receive any commitment about
this request.

I have only 8 $USD in my chapter budget so in theory I have no possibility
to organize any events with this amount. I will continue to use my own
resources, my contacts, etc.

Azzeddine

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

> [...]
> So I wil run it by our self (we are 4 volonteer in this chapter).
>
> OWASP does partner event promotion : check out
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference for more
> details. This could at least help get the word out...
>
> Aloha,
> Jim
>

> On 8/12/15 11:02 AM, Azzeddine Ramrami wrote:
>
> Actually I got a lot of help from OWASP Foundation. Thanks a lot.
> I have access to a large school for event in Rabat and Casablanca. For
> chapter it is OK.
> For CSRFGuard project I deliver a lot of support to community from my own
> time and I didn't get any donation for the project except from OWASP
> Foundation itself.
>
> Thanks for your reply. My objectives is to be constructive and move ahead.
>
> For information Morocco Chapter will run the Security & Architecture
> tracks @DEVOXX Maroc 2015 ( <http://www.devoxx.ma>www.devoxx.ma).  I sent
> a lot of request for speakers, sponsors. NO THINGS, NO SPEAKERS.
> So I wil run it by our self (we are 4 volonteer in this chapter).
>
> Azzeddine
>
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Noreen Whysel OWASP <
> <noreen.whysel at owasp.org>noreen.whysel at owasp.org> wrote:
>
>> Azzeddine,
>>
>> OWASP Foundation will reimburse chapters for meetup accounts (out of
>> chapter budget or community engagement finding). Kelly and Fabio were
>> looking into possibility of a barter account. That would be really nice.
>> Chapters who use meetup should be sure to tag it as "OWASP" so it shows in
>> the OWASP topic list on Meetup.
>>
>> Noreen Whysel
>> Community Manager
>> OWASP Foundation
>>
>> On Aug 12, 2015, at 2:32 PM, Azzeddine Ramrami <
>> <azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org>azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>> You forgoet the more important characteristics:
>>
>> - Budget
>>
>> A chapter with no budget cannot met one or more characteristics as your
>> wrote, so in your point of view this type of chapter is not "successful
>> chapter" !
>>
>> So I agree with 2 et 3. No need for budget. But I didn't agree with you
>> about:
>>
>> 1) They hold regular monthly meetings with decent speakers   --> Who will
>> pay the location, the food, the speake cost, etc.
>> 4) Heck, Many chapters have seen a big bump in membership just by using
>> Meetup --> Meetup is paid solution. Who can I pay?
>>

>> The same remarks for projects.
>>
>> Without budget, what do you propose to chapter leaders to move to a
>> successful chapter ?
>>
>> Azzeddine
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Jim Manico < <jim.manico at owasp.org>
>> jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Jay,
>>>
>>> Just a few notes while on the topic.
>>>
>>> The successful chapters I have seen have a few characteristics...
>>>
>>> 1) They hold regular monthly meetings with decent speakers
>>> 2) They have more than one leader helping run the chapter

--
Azzeddine RAMRAMI
+33 6 65 48 90 04.