[Owasp-leaders] Chapter Leader Workshops at AppSecUSA

Azzeddine Ramrami azzeddine.ramrami at owasp.org
Wed Aug 12 18:32:36 UTC 2015

You forgoet the more important characteristics:

- Budget

A chapter with no budget cannot met one or more characteristics as your
wrote, so in your point of view this type of chapter is not "successful
chapter" !

So I agree with 2 et 3. No need for budget. But I didn't agree with you
about:

1) They hold regular monthly meetings with decent speakers   --> Who will
pay the location, the food, the speake cost, etc.
4) Heck, Many chapters have seen a big bump in membership just by using
Meetup --> Meetup is paid solution. Who can I pay?

The same remarks for projects.

Without budget, what do you propose to chapter leaders to move to a
successful chapter ?

Azzeddine

--
Azzeddine RAMRAMI