[Owasp-leaders] Help and Pray for Nepal

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Wed Apr 29 21:23:29 UTC 2015

Thank you Rio!

I have also reached out to Guarab and our Nepal chapter leader Bhupal
Sapkota and other members of our Nepalese community to extend a hand as
they work through this tragedy. Many are unsheltered and in need of food.
Guarab is busy helping and has regained internet access, which improves
what he can do for Nepal immensely.

I plan to add some information about how our community can help Nepal and
will put these ideas into the News Flash which will go out today (perhaps a
bit delayed).

One thing that we as a security community are aware of but it bears
repeating is to be cautious about who we give our aid to. Many unsavory
entities crop up at this time to take advantage of our charity and grief.
We can help Nepal by engaging our own networks to give to known relief
agencies.

I am collecting a few more thoughts about this and other ways that we can
use our unique skills to help out. Look for that newsletter shortly. I can
report if/when, I hopefully hear from other members of our OWASP community
in Nepal.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation