[Owasp-leaders] AppSec EU 2015 - Amsterdam

Wojciech Dworakowski wojciech.dworakowski at owasp.org
Thu Apr 16 22:39:47 UTC 2015

Hello Kate and Leaders,

Do you have any information about Chapter Leaders Workshop date/time?
Probably some of us want to plan our trip in advance.
What about organizing longer, more structured workshop for chapter leaders,
where we were be able not only to exchange ideas but also learn from
successful leaders how to grow chapter and overcome typical problems. E.g.
I would like to hear/learn (and sometimes share my experiences) about:
- How to engage and motivate co-leaders?
- How to go beyond meetings?
- Organizing local event / training
- Engaging with other events (including commercial ones) / organizations /
meetup-groups
- Experiences with remote speakers / attendees

I just feel that 2h of unstructured workshop session as usual during AppSe
is not enough to support OWASP strategic goal #2:
*Strengthen OWASP chapters and increase Chapter’s abilities to spread
message of OWASP through locally organized and run events*

--
Wojciech Dworakowski
OWASP Poland Chapter Leader