[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] OT10 Risks?

Yiannis Pavlosoglou yiannis at owasp.org
Sat Sep 27 18:09:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Three points can be found below.
1
Proposal:

On David's final remark, I would like to propose we align the definitions
used across all top 10 projects (if not OWASP) to one vocabulary or
dictionary of terms.
2
Potential ideas:

My choice would be NIST; others that would work include OCTAVE, ISO, the
work over at MITRE, as well as ENISA and some of the ISF and ISACA
definitions. Not to forget ITIL and the fact that we can always align to
our own custom OWASP set of definitions.
3
My action:

For now, I am merely putting my hand up and stating that you have a
volunteer to carry the action of aligning to a single terminology, should
this be deemed the course of actions we want to take.

Wanting to almost put "vote - action required" on the title and having
spoken to some of you about this, I would appreciate you spamming this
thread should you think strongly it's a good idea or otherwise.

Thank you,

Yiannis