[Owasp-leaders] Speakers at Appsec conferences

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Sat Sep 13 09:58:04 UTC 2014

Thanks paul,

Would i be correct in saying, the foundation has at least 250k which is not allocated to chapters contrary to the statement that 90% of our funds are owned by chapters?

This should be used to fund the "right" speakers etc at our events which will help grow owasp overall.
Inward investment is a good thing.

It should also be used to pay trainers expenses who are happy to provide free classes....just a thought.....
 Education is what we are essentially about....like let's get 10 lead developers  from 5 organisations and train them in web security... All at no cost for the developers and funded by the 10000's we have idle in the bank.....this was my ethos as a board member which had not taken hold coming to the end of my tenure.

I'd like to start a train the developer project were the foundation pays for 10 lead developers across a number ot companies per quarter to get trained.
No cost to the students/companies & trainer does it for free. We have the open material to do this already.

RSVP owasp leaders, Board.

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988