[Owasp-leaders] Owasp_nni_initiative post from eoin.keary at owasp.org requires approval

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Sep 11 19:19:04 UTC 2014

> For example, if we were to create a separate OWASP Industry Consortium, a 501(c)6 partner organization for this type of activity.

I've brought this up before, but I feel OWASP operates more like a
non-profit trade association (501c6) than a charity (501c3). And for
those of us who have a fiduciary and legal duty to the organization,
such things really do matter.

I personally prefer "OWASP the Charity" but perhaps a 501c6 wing of
OWASP would be prudent in the future.

+1 Bev
--
Jim Manico