[Owasp-leaders] How to increase ZAP takeup?

Bill Sempf bill.sempf at owasp.org
Thu Sep 11 12:33:38 UTC 2014

I've been doing a lot of work recently as an application vulnerability
tester, and there are two kinds of clients out there. There are those that
simply expect you to use burp and those who don't care what you use as long
as your results are good. So we have two targets.

To change clients that expect testers to use Burp:
 - Any chance the 'save state' file can be made Burp compatible?
 - I agree with whomever said reporting
 - Video series of solving tough testing problems with ZAP?
 - These are people that WOULD be swayed with conference booths and plushies

To convince testers to use ZAP when the client doesn't care
 - even more work on the scanner. Burp's scanner is good.
 - Wizards to walk noobs through core functionality
 - I think the fuzzing tool is too hard to use but that might just be me
 - Content discovery. Maybe ZAP already has that and I just didn't know.

One perspective from one side of the biz, but there you go.