[Owasp-leaders] pycon CFP - outreach opportunity

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Tue Sep 9 00:47:27 UTC 2014

Hi Bill,

great stuff. I think out reaching developers is really the center of
OWASP's mission so the more we do it the better.

For the involvement, we participated in local conferences like that with
our local chapter. It makes a good opportunity to grow chapter followers as
well as promoting OWASP itself.

The only rule you have to follow is if there's any contracts involved you
must check with the foundation. Usually if you help the organization or get
the partner table for free there's not. So if you want it to be easy just
work with that in mind.

In the case of pycon, I knew them and just asked.

For the materials, you can actually order that directly from the foundation
using the global outreach bucket or your local chapter. That includes roll
up posters, swag and table cover. (Google owasp merchandise). A kit like
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/883235_147344168764014_1786428394_o.jpg
cost less than 400 bucks and I suggest you go local for the banner (around
250 for something plastic like with a roll up base) as the design is
available online on
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Marketing/Resources#tab=BANNERS and prolly
on the merch page for other older designs.

You'll have to enter the event in http://www.tfaforms.com/301382 and
specify *Promotional and Outreach Event*.

That will make the event official and it will be shown in the connector.

Thanks,

- Jonathan