[Owasp-leaders] pycon CFP - outreach opportunity

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Sep 8 22:05:45 UTC 2014

Matt,

I was invited to speak at at JavaOne this year from Milton Smith, the
director of Java Security at Oracle. I am using this opportunity to
speak on open source libraries for secure web development. I'll be
discussing several of the OWASP (and other) Java "secure coding" control
projects.

There are plenty of other OWASP folk who interact with the Java
community in a variety of different ways.  Several OWASP'ers are
speakers in the Java One security security track (I was part of the
track selection committee last year). Williams participates in the JCP
(Java Community Process) and helped get things like null character file
injection fixed in the JVM.

I think, in General, OWASP has a very good footprint in communicating
AppSec issues to the Java community. But there are 8-10 million or so
Java dev's out there and there are plenty more who need to hear the
message of secure coding.

Aloha,
Jim