[Owasp-leaders] OCMS + conferences

Dirk Wetter dirk at owasp.org
Fri Sep 5 08:00:39 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

thx for those replying privately to me but as others may
run into the same I think it's better to answer publicly.

Upto ~ 1,5 yr. ago the process was like this

* Submit a request for a conference to OCMS
* (wasn't there even a acknowledgment mail after filling out the form?)
* I usually monitored then who within the gcc [1] approved [2]
* At some time the status went to "approved". If there were questions
  about the conference submitted or I felt the approval process wasn't
  fast enough for me I could clarify this with the mailing list [3]
* Everybody could see in OCMS the submissions [4]

Now --  pls correct if I am mistaken:

* I submitted a request for a conference
* I cannot find a contact info whom to ask about the status of my submission
* I can't tell who's approving

Hope that phrases my original question better?

If somebody can shed some light into this, I would highly appreciated this :)

Best, Dirk

[1] Global conference committee
[2] http://web.archive.org/web/20130525004559/https://ocms.owasp.org/events/76/
[3] http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global_conference_committee/
[4] http://web.archive.org/web/20130615131811/https://ocms.owasp.org/events/

--
German OWASP Board, (Chair AppSec Research 2013)
Send me encrypted mails (Key ID 0xB818C039)