[Owasp-leaders] Honorary membership form not working?

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Sep 3 00:31:39 UTC 2014

We actually don't use leads. We have a web to case, the contact us form. We use an app called form assembly for the form and then the fields are mapped to fields in the SF case. There are some additional rules that would determine direct routing to a staff member based on the case content if appropriate.

I'm not sure if you recall the native web to case document we started with, but it was UGLY. This process and workflows work well for the ops team allowing us to keep track of requests without losing them in our overflowing email inboxes. The generally work well for the community as it's not necessary for the end user to know who does what operationally. All inquiries are received and responded to by the appropriate staff member.

We also have email to case set up so you can send an email to help at owasp.org or support at owasp.org and it will be tracked in the same way.

The form assembly forms are used for event submission, chapter requests, and project requests, each having their own set of rules and flows.

For consistency, we have used the form assembly forms for other intake points like honorary membership and board candidate submission.

We had used google forms in the past and the result was lots of different information in lots of different places. This made things nearly impossible to connect people, places, ideas, projects, requests, etc.

I have added some additional wording to the confirmation screen when the forms do not create a case to hopefully make things more clear to the submitter.

Feel free to contact me off list if you (anyone) has additional questions about the current operational processes.

Kate Hartmann