[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Please provide a status update to the membership

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Oct 29 19:43:05 UTC 2014

This is a great question Bev and I asked Paul to follow up on it during our
meeting this morning.  Two issues here actually:

1) Honorary members not receiving notice of expiration.  That's just
silly.  Everyone should get an expiration message regardless of how their
membership was earned.

2) Honorary membership is only able to be obtained during a certain time of
the year for a short period of time.  I'm honestly not too sure of the
logistics behind this or the rationale, but completely agree that if we can
do regular membership year-round, then honorary membership should be
handled the same way.

I don't have a good answer for "why" this is today, but Paul is actively
looking at what it would take to change it.  Great suggestion!

~josh