[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: OWASP offer from River Publishers

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Mon Oct 27 17:07:09 UTC 2014

Hello OWASP Leaders:

We recently received this offer from River Publishers to collaborate by
using their publication & peer review process for distribution of OWASP
materials.

One of our 2015 goals is to broaden the distribution and exposure of OWASP
achievements & publications, therefore this may be one potential avenue.

1.  Does anyone have experience with these people?
2.  Given our community based, volunteer model, our project leaders are
welcome to reach out and contact these people as a possible method of
distribution.

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Interim Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org

From: Paul Ritchie <paul.ritchie at owasp.org>
Date: Friday 24 October 2014 18:16
To: Rajeev Prasad <rajeev.prasad at riverpublishers.com>
Cc: Kate Hartmann <kate.hartmann at owasp.org>
Subject: OWASP offer from River Publishers

Hello Rajeev:
I just received your note and your offer to accept submissions from OWASP
sounds great.

This will take some time to receive feedback from our OWASP community, and
identify materials that might be suitable for submission.   I do have a
couple questions which I know my community will ask about.

1.  When you say open access, do you also mean Open Source?  OWASP would
retain full copyright to materials submitted but the materials are open
source and accessible to all, free.

2. Is there a specific form or format you need when the materials are
submitted to assist with your peer review?

paul.ritchie at owasp.org

>From Rajeev:
We are an international scientific and technical publisher, based out of
Denmark, River Publishers, www.riverpublishers.com . We are contacting you
to explore possible collaboration with our open access and peer reviewed
Journal on Cyber Security and Mobility,http://riverpublishers.com/journal.
php?j=JCSM/3/1/undefine

This is an international journal, with active contribution from leading
companies (ATT, Visa, NEC, Cisco etc) and academia (University of
Princeton, Aalborg University, etc.) .

We would like to explore possibility to use the journal as a platform to
publish and disseminate latest know how coming from OWASP. All
contributions will be peer reviewed and when published would be made
available as an open access. The articles will be also indexed to relevant
databases, in order to improve the dissemination.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Rajeev Prasad