[Owasp-leaders] Executive Order --Improving the Security of Consumer Financial Transactions

Ralph Durkee rd at rd1.net
Sat Oct 18 15:34:23 UTC 2014

I think this is a good move and over due.  The card brands and banks and merchant's are all making enough that the credit  fraud doesn't motivate them enough. It's easier to pay for the PR after a breach. In the end it is really the consumer that pays,  but the cost is hidden from the consumer.  So the free market is broken in this case.  Most of the deadlines in the decree seem to be for plans to be made rather than implemented, so it's a fairly cautious move forward. Also I prefer the government to dictate how it does business rather then how we should do business.

== Ralph Durkee