[Owasp-leaders] AppSecUSA live streaming event

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Tue Oct 7 12:48:58 UTC 2014

Thanks everyone!

Tom, there's already a receipt for chapters using Hangout and YouTube :
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/OWASP_Media_Project/Help#YouTube_.2B_Hangout_streaming_procedure

In that case I encourage people to create their own YouTube channel.

The main difference between the conference setup and this is that you use
capture cards to get the VGA feed vs. having Hangout record your screen.
The later give you way better quality but is hard to manage with 50
speakers in two days. The former needs a pro sound system with microphone.
As you can see each solution fits usually better in one environment than
another.

That said, if the venue you use in NY has pro sound and is HDMI ready,
there's something to try on that side. I'll make some tests with OWASP
Montreal in the next few months, as we have 3 differents regular venues,
and I'll add my conclusions to the OWASP Media Project.

Thanks,

- Jonathan