[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] [OWASP-chapters] Growing Your Chapter + 90% / 10% Splits

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Tue Nov 11 05:23:20 UTC 2014

OWASP Sydney uses it, and they've been very successful with it. Ditto
OWASP Melbourne, which has had some very successful meetings on the
back of moving to Meetup.

My only concern is about the KPI's of chapter activity; if the mail
list is dead, but Meetup active, this doubles the workload of
Foundation staff, who should be checking for the minimum four meetings
per year to ensure dead chapters are retired or coaxed back to life.

I'd be happy if we moved en masse to Meetup, and that's where chapter
activity KPI's are measured, rather than sticking with mail lists.

Norman / Julian - do you want to chime in about your experience with Meetup?

thanks
Andrew