[Owasp-leaders] [Governance] [OWASP ASVS] Obfuscation?

Timur 'x' Khrotko (owasp) timur at owasp.org
Sat Nov 8 21:46:11 UTC 2014

The initial letter of this thread contained professional contribution of Mr
Heinrich to an important professional discourse, it was formulated in
absolutely proper language. The fact that we left that message, the
"content" without adequate reaction upsets me. The compliance issue should
have gone to a forked thread imo.

Yvan, I absolutely respect your role of the compliance steward of our
community. The aspect you represent is vital for keeping the community in
good health.
But for keeping any king's court in health there must also be a smart
person who does not filter his speeches (they called this role fool or
clown just to make it acceptable for themselves despite his illegal
speeches). Speeches of the "fool" used to convey messages others preferred
to keep under the carpet. Christian, please do not take the analogy
personally, it is about the function of someone who dare not to filter his
speech, and I respect the value of that role. Surely as applicable to
OWASP, exercising this role can only be tolerable in very rare cases. This
remark of mine about the rare need of unfiltered speech regards the
original conflict back to June 18. Even if Christian was very wrong in his
accusations then and before, we probably have to tolerate such things
happen once a year, since we never know when hidden facts or important
opinions pop up this harsh way.

I agree that if one produces "history of repeated disrespectful behavior"
he has to be banned from the community. In my view this measure should only
serve two purposes:
- educating people to behave,
- protecting the community from flame wars,
- but not to isolate professionals from participation in professional
discourses and projects imo.

Imo we are not a kindergarten to isolate any professional person from our
sandbox if his given contribution is of professional nature.

Regards:
Timur

--
This message may contain confidential information - you should handle it
accordingly.