[Owasp-leaders] On binary mobile protection...

Andre Gironda andreg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:19:12 UTC 2014

Well it is uncanny that a NGFW vendor (who was in the news two weeks ago
for an appsec faux pas) was the first to discover WireLurker with an
announcement this week.

Also of mention is that binary protection would not have deterred or
shortened the threat frequency or capability, nor changed the loss or risk
equations in any shape or form with respect to WireLurker, while monitoring
app stores (although Maiyadi, the Chinese app store, was not -- but now
likeky is -- on monitoring-service radar) can definitely change this game
in the favor of defenders. Perhaps this is not enough evidence to shift
decision making but it is a data point!

dre