[Owasp-leaders] [Governance] [OWASP ASVS] Obfuscation?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sat Nov 8 01:17:40 UTC 2014

Achim,

I appreciate your calm demeanor here.  My comments were really just meant
to provide an explanation where other Board members and our ED were
remaining silent.  You are correct in assuming that there are certainly
other chapters associated with this story.  My statement was strictly based
on the member complaints and subsequent investigation and report issued by
Martin.  It was not meant to incite, but to provide info where it was
lacking.  There is no nitpicking here and I have already sent a note to the
Board and ED to figure out where the process broke down to issue a public
statement on this.  That concerns me and its not fair to Christian, the
complainants, or anyone else for that matter.  And to your point, Martin's
report also identified a separate case he is handling that Christian
brought against OWASP that is currently waiting on additional information
to proceed.  So yes, absolutely there are other parts to this truth, but
Martin has had to separate each to keep his investigations manageable.

~josh