[Owasp-leaders] [Governance] [OWASP ASVS] Obfuscation?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Nov 7 22:32:39 UTC 2014

As long as we're correcting the record, I never offered to have Christian
rejoin OWASP.  I created a plan that I thought was a compromise between the
various thoughts and feelings on the situation regarding Christian's
request to re-evaluate his membership ban and offered to take it to the
Board if he agreed to it.  As he says, he did decline and any activity
towards his reinstatement ceased at that time.

To answer Christian's question, the Board received multiple complaints from
members of the OWASP Foundation accusing him of posting e-mails to the
OWASP Leaders list containing rude and abusive language and false
accusations.  We asked our Compliance Officer to review the complaints,
determine whether they are accurate, and determine whether the posts were
in conflict with the OWASP Code of Ethics.  The conclusion was that the
complaints were accurate and the posts were in conflict with the OWASP Code
of Conduct and the recommendation was for the Board to define appropriate
measures as a result of his actions and to make an official public
statement.  Without the notes, I'm not sure who took that as an action
item, but it certainly merits follow-up to make sure that it happens.  This
absolutely should not have been a surprise to you Christian, and for that,
I am sorry.  I was under the impression that it had been communicated to
you.  I will take it as a personal action item to follow up with the Board
and our ED to determine who took that action item on and make sure that
they follow through with it.

~josh