[Owasp-leaders] [OWASP ASVS] Obfuscation?

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Thu Nov 6 15:20:30 UTC 2014

Sharing FYI:

<clip>
Reliance on Hardening, Not Obfuscation

Hiding code does not prevent attacks—and it it foolish to assume that it
does. Open Source development practices rely on actually hardening (or
improving the security of) code by making it available for peers to test
and try to break, and then fixing the problems found.
</clip?

http://mil-oss.org/learn-more/security-model-misconceptions

Bev