[Owasp-leaders] Proposal: OWASP Committees 2.0

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Wed May 28 17:32:47 UTC 2014

I think this is a great idea and it brings back something that has worked
quite well in the past for OWASP (i.e. community-driven groups working on a
particular topic)

There is a really nice suggestion site
https://www.google.com/moderator/?authuser=1#16/e=2130f2 where I just added
two:

*"Great! An area that I would ask for stronger guidelines is on the
'Membership' part. There should be a very fast turn-around for inactive
Committee participants. A key problem we had in the past was that it was
very easy to join but hard to leave"*

and

*"I don't agree 100% with this comment 'The committees should be assigned,
not to a broad area of operations, but to the strategic goals as set by the
Board. ' I think the focus of the committees should come from the OWASP
leaders that have energy"*

So please vote for the ideas that are there already and add more to it

Dinis