[Owasp-leaders] OWASP ESAPI Project Status

tonyuv at owasp.org tonyuv at owasp.org
Mon Mar 31 01:44:10 UTC 2014

OpenSAMM is not complex, its flat out the wrong method for evaluating a project’s effectiveness in management.  Software Assurance dwarfs (in the truest sense of the word) the multiple phases of an OWASP project development, largely because of scale and limited scope of participation in defining requirements, design, development, testing and maintenance.  While at best a project may have 5 concurrent active people, in an enterprise at an MNC, you have sometimes hundreds.  Huge difference beyond these points.  Agree with Johanna that simplicity is best suited here and lets play the more refined and methodical approach for OpenSAMM on something else.  One idea comes to mind is fueling a yearly OpenSAMM project where enterprise open the kimono on their processes to allow for OpenSAMM metrics to be defined.  This could define a growing DB of OpenSAMM metrics that is X-Industry.  That’s where I would play the OpenSAMM card, not internally on assessing the management of a project.

Sent from Windows Mail