[Owasp-leaders] OWASP ESAPI Project Status

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Mar 30 04:36:41 UTC 2014

Dear Johanna,

thank you for your email. I can feel your concerns.
And rest assured that Jim and all the others very much value and
appreciate all OWASP volunteers work.

Maybe a small question:
What do you think we should do with outdated projects that are not
maintained for a long time, like e.g. ESAPI.

Because IMHO clearly they can not stay Flagship projects....?

Just my 2cents,

All the best, Tobias

Ps.: maybe a small personal comment: in my personal view, the maturity
level of a project should not be a given and retained forever without
any maintenance efforts, but it should be earned and judged by maturity
and quality compared to other projects on a continuous basis. So if
something deprecates, we should not recommend it as flagship anymore.
Same like we recommend old functions in old code may become deprecated....?