[Owasp-leaders] OWASP ESAPI Project Status

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sat Mar 29 22:48:14 UTC 2014

I was part of the project advisory board, but it seems that I felt from
that board without knowing it.

Now I hear the news about taking out flagship status from certain projects.

I was against this because, once a project reaches maturity is not likely
to go back to "incubator".
The term is not appropiate for a mature project to go back to
something it's not anymore.

what had happend here is that the project has loose his drive, has become
outdated. in case of ESAPI, certain components have become obsolete with
time, but noway they are INCUBATOR!

people of owasp, you want to have volunteers? Respect their role when
asking to be part and now I feel rudelessly taken out of that board and
decisions are been made secretly without those volunteers not knowing...I'm
very dissapointed.

This is in no way a democratic system. even less when volunteers put
efforts tnat now are taken for granted and wiped like nothing out of the
table.

You want volunteers? Respect them.

Regards

johanna