[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp_project_leader_list] OWASP Project Manager Report: March 28, 2014

Samantha Groves samantha.groves at owasp.org
Sat Mar 29 10:25:43 UTC 2014

Jim,

I am sorry to disappoint you, but no you were not the only leader to throw
a tantrum on the staff this week. You certainly were one of them, but not
the only one. I deal with over 100 leaders in any given day so to assume
that my reports are only about your actions is very inaccurate.

Now, I appreciate your concerns, and if you would take the time to read
about the very hard work our community members have accomplished (mainly
our technical project
advisors<http://owasp.blogspot.com/2013/09/meet-our-new-technical-project-advisors.html>
who
are very "Technical") that were brought together after you refused to help
me put this assessment criteria together after yet another tantrum of
yours, you would know the hard work that went into creating this
system/criteria. I recommend familiarizing yourself with the process before
making very inaccurate assumptions about what is actually happening.

What the advisors did at the
summit<https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c3/OWASP_2013_PROJECT_SUMMIT_REPORT.pdf>:
pg. 25

Definition of assessments/reviews: Chapter
7<https://www.owasp.org/images/d/d8/PROJECT_LEADER-HANDBOOK_2014.pdf>

Jim, I love and respect you as a person, but this behavior is very
detrimental to our community and serves no purpose other than to alienate
very hard working volunteers that are taking on a task that has not been
able to be managed in a very long time (even before my time here) due to
the large amount of projects we have in our inventory and the lack of
resources we have as an organization. You, as one of our Board of
Directors, should know this better than anyone in our community. If you
have a better way of managing this, then by all means recommend it. Just
remember, I am not managing 5 projects, I am managing 177 and our system
must accommodate them all.

I implore you to take a step back, and think about what your actions are
actually accomplishing.

With respect,

Samantha

--