[Owasp-leaders] Free training at major OWASP AppSec conferences

Sastry Tumuluri sastry.tumuluri at owasp.org
Thu Mar 27 09:39:24 UTC 2014

In the Chandigarh Chapter, we've been wrestling with this as well. No clear
direction has emerged yet, but broadly, we are in agreement with the "staff
summit ground rules" mentioned by Sarah. i.e.,
- Yes, to free training and open source training material
- No, to direct competition with paid training programs
- We didn't discuss "open call method for training", but I agree with the
principle.

ATM, we are too small and fragmented to think in terms of conferences,
sponsorships, impact on revenues / recovery of costs. We are also not setup
properly(?) to handle funds. So I guess we'll need to get to that bridge
first before we talk about crossing it.

Cheers,

==Sas3==