[Owasp-leaders] Free training at major OWASP AppSec conferences

Ludovic Petit ludovic.petit at owasp.org
Tue Mar 25 19:17:04 UTC 2014

Well, I do think that free training at major OWASP AppSec conferences is a
good think... for official Corporate Members and official Supporters of
local Chapters, as these members are awaiting some good reasons and "ROI"
for them to join officially OWASP.

To date, the current 'model' is not in that sense, this is why imho this
have to evolve accordingly (although I confess this is not so easy as it
seems to be).

OWASP is a Foundation, yes indeed, but AppSec Conferences and events are a
huge responsibility and a hard work for OWASP and volunteers. This is why I
think training during AppSec have to be paid by attendees (except for
Corporate & Supporters members), because volunteering from OWASP speakers
means also lots of work and value-added to do a talk/training.

My 2 cents, you can now start to shoot the pianist ;-)

Ludo

Ludovic Petit
Chapter Leader OWASP France
Global Connections Committee Member