[Owasp-leaders] Free training at major OWASP AppSec conferences

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Mar 25 17:20:02 UTC 2014

I think this is a situation where it is a net positive either way and in
situations like these I'd prefer to leave it to the leaders running the
conference to make the decision as they have first-hand knowledge of
budgets and expectation.  I will say that there is empirical data
supporting free training as we did this at AppSecUSA 2012 in Austin.
There, Jim Manico did a free bootcamp for ~75 people one day and did a
similar paid training with Eoin Keary for 14 attendees the next.  We still
managed to raise almost $100k in revenue off training alone for the event.

~josh