[Owasp-leaders] Measuring Intent and Funding Things

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Mar 20 14:07:39 UTC 2014

I think having those professional materials are super important for OWASP
and I also tend to have the OpenSAMM printed book at hand since it one of
most professional ones we have :)

So yes, Yvan you are spot on (from my point of view) on your analysis and
OWASP should be helping to pay for those materials (specially since they
are an investment into the OWASP brand, and who knows how many new members
and conference attendees we would get from the recipients of
those materials)

My view is that we should be using some of the OWASP funds (currently
available) to pay for this type of materials (so that our leaders can
distribute it). I'm still waiting for the idea of '*OWASP Projects Funds
bucket*' or '*OWASP Chapters Funds bucket'* so that us (the OWASP leaders)
can 'just get on with it' and distribute the great stuff that is created at
OWASP.

Basically Yvan should be able to quickly order the materials he mentions
below (all from a global fund that is available to all OWASP leaders).

That is what I tried to do with the OWASP GSD
project<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_GSD_Project>,and
as you can see on https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_GSD_Project that
money has been put to good use (Yvan I think there is still some in there,
so feel free to use it).

BTW.. and if we can't get the 'OWASP Projects Funds bucket' setup in the
next months, *what about topping up the GSD projects fund?*

Dinis