[Owasp-leaders] In Samantha's words: "Why I resigned my role at OWASP"

Timur 'x' Khrotko (owasp) timur at owasp.org
Mon Jun 16 14:16:09 UTC 2014

(There is a new branch of the thread below by Joanna, I react to a previous
state of discourse.)

Dear Martin,

as I already suggested in the other thread -- without any knowledge of
details but seeing that panic button was pushed to end Samantha's access to
community -- that a bad management decision has been made. That the
management's decision to treat Samantha this way may harm the spirit of the
community and possibly harm its competitiveness.

It is understood that legal/official course of action dictates certain
manners and choreography. But there is risk that management of OWASP takes
itself too seriously as if OWASP was an average corporation.

If management of OWASP goes further in behaving like the responsible head
detached from the body it can lead to new OWASP which will be uncomfortable
to belong to for some of us.

I oppose your proposition, Martin, as being operatively clever and right
but harmful in long run. The root cause of damage of the "Samantha's letter
from exile" made public (already fact) is the management of her exit, and
should be dealt with as a fair difficulty by the troubled decision makers.

Our eye now on how the Board and the leader's community manage this serious
crisis further and what changes will this course of action bring to OWASP
energy/etc.

I personally offer not only my trolling but my participation in the crisis
management too if needed.

Timur

--
Email us to enforce secure link with your mail servers (domain).
This message may contain confidential information - you should handle it