[Owasp-leaders] (on respectufull OWASP threads) Re: [Owasp-testing] Flagship Project Status

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Jun 9 13:35:21 UTC 2014

Jason you are absolutely correct and this type of accusations and behaviour
should not be allowed/tolerated at OWASP.

The reality is that Christian (as you can see on this thread) is the one
that tends to behave like that. There has been many 'arguments' and 'owasp
threads' in the past, but Christian is the one that brings that level of
conversion to the table.

Christian has already been banned (at least) twice in the past from OWASP,
and after many requests (by many parties) the current board (which should
be the 'referee' that you mention) has failed to put an end into it.

*My biggest problem with Christian's behaviour is not the accusations that
he makes *(although I have to say that being one of the many in the
receiving end of such personal attacks ,is not nice at all (specially when
he makes accusations about OWASP activities that took a lot of effort and
personal sacrifice)), *my biggest problem is the idea that such behaviour
is accepted/tolerated at OWASP*.

OWASP SHOULD NOT tolerate that type of behaviour, from anyone.

This doesn't mean that we should not disagree with each other, of course we
should, BUT it is key that the discussion is kept on a professional level
and there is a minimum level of respect.

And of course, if some OWASP leader or contributor feels that something is
really wrong , then yes that should be reported (with evidence supporting
it). But that is not what Christian does.

So please, can the OWASP board deal with this type of accusations! There
have been too many OWASP leaders and key contributors offended, which is
really the big loss here.

Dinis