[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] OWASP Ghana!

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Thu Jul 24 17:48:23 UTC 2014

Hi Islam and Azeddine,

I fully appreciate that this is not easy and am sorry, that so far has
not taken off for MENA.
Laura and Fabio organised the LATAM tour very successfully the last few
years and we generated nice energy with that. We also had one Europe
tour last year.

But maybe there is one small misconception about the work:
just to manage expectations, for an "OWASP tour" in any region, most of
the work needs to be done by the local chapter teams, and we can try to
help get speakers around from within that region.
The global team can help on the coordination (and Fabio and myself as
board members will try our very best too as this is close to our heart)
but the real work needs to be done by the chapter teams (like getting
venues in your city, local sponsors, etc.). This works very well in
Latin America and worked in Europe and am sure it could work in MENA as
well.

So, if for 2015, there is enough critical mass from chapters in MENA,
please coordinate among each other and send me a list of the interested
chapter leaders and I will try to get it into the budget and we make it
happen.

Usually we can arrange some funding to help the chapters fly in speakers
from within the region or not too far away. But we need to know in time,
so we can put this into the budget.

And if you like to create a regional chapters committee for that, that
would be a great idea, too. :-)

Best wishes, Tobias

Tobias Gondrom
OWASP Global Board Member