[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] [Owasp-board] ...Candidate Names Update

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Jul 18 19:14:12 UTC 2014

Sarah stated that they got more candidates by not announcing it in advance
because some people might not want to run if they perceive that there are
other qualified candidates.  That was the operations team rationale at
least and they seemed to have data to support it.  Ultimately, I agree that
our elections should be open, but I don't think we should change the rules
mid-way through the process unless we have full buy-in from all
participants.

~josh